Customer Service - USA
Customer Service -
1 800 673 3196 (UK Team approx 5 hours ahead) or
1 800 355 6990 (US call centre - messages and order taking)
- Sizing & Fitting
- Shipping & Delivery
- Customs & Import Duties
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
- Faults and Repairs
- Sizing & Fitting
- For American Width fittings of A to B it is unlikely we have any shoes or boots that will suit. Most of our shoes and boots are UK widths E, EX, and F with some wider. We can make some slippers from a B width. Most of our shoes and boots are a US D width fitting, and some E-EE. We only have a small slelection of EEE. - see "Wide Shoes".
The reason we have not put widths against shoes is that the width fitting of any one manufacturer is not a scientific measurement. All our traditional shoes are made on numbered "lasts". Some lasts are known to fit wider than others even though the official width fitting is the same. The inconsistency can be so great as to sometimes render widths almost meaningless - in our experience it is better just used for guidance. We far prefer to open a dialogue with you and for you to describe your shoe buying experiences, the peculiarities of your feet, to tell us what you like or dislike, and what you've had problems or successes with before. We can then make an informed judgement on whether we think a particular item will fit.
Remember we have been fitting tens of thousands of people over decades - so we do have some experience in this! We know which of our shoes are made on similar lasts - so once you are happy with one pair we can fit you with confidence with many others.
If you have any doubts about fitting please contact us giving as much information as you can. Please order your normal USA size. Again, because our shoes are made on lasts the sizing is very accurate however some lasts are more suitable than others for feet with specific sizes and shapes. If you are in any doubt please call us and we will be happy to advise.
- Shipping & Delivery
- We use couriers that require a signature. We would prefer always to deliver to your office or a place of work where there will always be someone to sign for it first time. If you are out you will be 'carded'. The depot may be some distance away. If the parcel is not collected within the timescales on the card the parcel will be returned to us at extra cost. We subsidise our shipping to make it a flat rate. If we have to re-ship a returned item we will charge the full cost of shipping.
- Please ensure you have given us all your contact details, email phone and cell numbers. If we have to contact you please make it easy for us!
- Privacy & Security
- Data protection and Privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: Firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent via our discount club unless it is in direct relation to an order. We will not pass your e-mail address to other trusted traders unless we ask you AND you agree.
- The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name address phone number email address credit/debit card details (within the PCI DSS compliance mandate) shoe size Other information we may require to help fulfill your order. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and UK law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us, call us or write to us.
Returns & Replacements
Please refer to Returns page.
How to Order - Buying your shoes and shoe care accessories from Shipton & Heneage couldn't be easier. Ordering our the web site uses advanced SSL technology and is secure. Alternatively, you may post your order, telephone or fax it through - which ever is easiest for you. For payment you can use: Visa Master, Master Card, Amex debit cards or paypal.
Delivery Timescales - We normally send shoes within 1-10 working days - 90% are despatched within 1-4 working days except for bespoke items. But Please allow 28 days. If it takes longer, we will contact you with a revised delivery estimate to let you cancel or change your order without charge, if you wish. Slippers - There is a much longer lead time for slippers than shoes. Depending on the complexity of the work required this can range from 6-10 weeks, as they are all hand built to order.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- We use secure payment systems. Prices may change from time to time. Promotions are time restricted and may alter the prices of products, and usually exclude all other promotions - discounts do not apply to shipping. Please read the conditions.
- We would encourage you to register with our site. You can see past orders, current orders and also leave reviews of products bought.
Updating Account Information
- You can update your information both billing and delivery addresses, change email addresses etc if you have a registered account.
Customs & Duties
- Please read about customs duties here